Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant method to assist help this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
The different day, I wandered round Trader Joe’s with a pal of mine and we ended up discovering their maple oat milk. Of course, it was fairly excessive in carbs and undoubtedly not keto-friendly, however it acquired me considering, and impressed me to attempt to make a maple-flavored vegan keto espresso creamer. After attempting a number of completely different nut milk bases, this vegan keto maple walnut milk was the winner.
This is an excellent easy recipe that solely requires a number of substances and takes just about no time to make. That being stated, as a result of the substances are so minimal, it’s essential to verify those you select are top quality and saved correctly to take care of freshness. This is very essential with nuts which might be excessive in oils like walnuts. I’ve made the error of shopping for low-cost walnuts earlier than to make use of in an identical recipe (my vegan keto eggnog, really!) and so they tasted so rancid, there was no saving it and I needed to toss the entire batch and purchase new walnuts. Lesson realized. Along these strains, I additionally advocate storing nuts in a cool, darkish place. If you’ve got room in your fridge, that is excellent, however so long as your pantry stays fairly cool, the nuts must be fantastic.
Similarly, as a result of a lot of the flavour on this recipe comes from the sugar-free maple syrup, it would be best to select a top quality one. My absolute favourite keto-friendly syrup is from Lakanto. This has been my go-to for YEARS. It is the one sugar-free maple syrup that I’ve tried that has not upset my abdomen (so many are made with gross sweeteners that may kick you out of ketosis and trigger some intense digestive discomfort). The taste can be incredible! You may save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto, and assist help the positioning whereas saving cash – win, win!.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
- Like I discussed above, the syrup I exploit right here is from Lakanto and you may save 20% with the code MeatFreeKeto.com!
- A bit separation is completely regular. Just shake up the milk earlier than utilizing. This shops for every week within the fridge (although I all the time drink mine effectively earlier than we hit that mark!).
- I all the time pressure my milk with a nut milk bag to take away items of the pores and skin and any massive chunks. It’s not completely essential, however undoubtedly tremendously improves the feel!
- The thickness of this walnut milk is round that of almond milk, however you may make it additional creamy by doubling the quantity of walnuts used. Just needless to say it will principally double the energy and carbs per serving as effectively.
- If you may’t eat (or don’t like) walnuts, you may substitute them for an equal measure of any of the next: pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews or almonds. Just needless to say cashews are a bit increased in carbs and that hazeluts and almonds are a bit of tougher, so extra soaking and mixing will probably be essential!
- While I attempt to supply correct diet data, completely different manufacturers and kinds of substances can have differing dietary values. So, your calculations could fluctuate barely.
Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
A scrumptious fall-flavored beverage that pairs fantastically with espresso, tea and even some low-carb granola!
- 1/four cup (30g) uncooked walnuts
- 2 cups (480ml) water, plus a bit extra for soaking
- 1-2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (I exploit 2 if I am making this to place in tea or espresso and 1 if I am utilizing it to pour over granola or cereal)
- pinch of salt (elective)
- Place the walnuts in a small bowl, cowl with water and soak in a single day OR soak in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the walnuts and add to a blender with the two cups (480ml) water.
- Blend till easy.
- Strain utilizing a nut milk bag to take away any remaining chunks or bits of pores and skin.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid that seals tightly. Add within the sugar-free syrup and salt and shake to mix.
- Store for as much as every week within the fridge
The serving dimension relies on the quantity that I normally use for a cup of espresso or tea. 🙂