A number of recipes are onerous to recreate in a keto model, however Low Carb Cornbread is by far the toughest! We made numerous makes an attempt earlier than we acquired the right recipe down. Give it a attempt to see what your loved ones and buddies assume, we’re positive they’ll like it too!
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Corn bread is certainly one of our favorites meals. Although I’ll say Boston Market makes it greatest, and Matt will at all times says his grandma makes it greatest; we are able to each agree on this being the tastiest low carb, keto pleasant cornbread we’ve made! This vacation season you’ll lastly have the right straightforward to make, conventional cornbread!
The Difficulties Of Keto Cornbread
I can’t even recall what number of instances we tried this cornbread recipe. There are so many recipes on the market, on pinterest and meals blogs, however actually, none actually stay as much as precise cornbread. We have been decided to get as shut as humanely doable to the unique, and we expect we did simply that! It’s a disgrace that so many individuals put out recipes claiming to have created a low carb cornbread when in truth they’ve simply created a low carb, flavorless bread. Matt hit a stroke of genius when he steered utilizing child corn. I attempted utilizing it and ended up creating this unbelievable, will need to have Thanksgiving recipe, excellent for these on a keto weight-reduction plan!
The Perfect Pairings
Cornbread is a hearty dish nice for warming you up throughout the chilly months of the 12 months. We love having fun with it on Thanksgiving, but in addition any day of the week as a result of it’s really easy to whip up! If you’re on the lookout for a facet to go together with tonights dinner, do this keto cornbread recipe. And should you aren’t positive what to make for dinner, we’ve acquired you lined on that too! Our low carb cornbread pairs nice with some scorching soups! Try our:
Making The Best Cornbread Recipe
To make the very best straightforward keto cornbread not solely does the consistency should be on level, however additions are a should. In this recipe we made positive that it got here out barely crumbly and barely candy, all whereas jamming it filled with cheddar cheese and chunks of child corn for a scrumptious savory chew! An complete can of child corn has solely 6 web carbs, which labored out nicely for this keto cornbread recipe!
I’m Corn-fused Why Baby Corns?
In order to deliver down the carbs low sufficient to make this keto cornbread recipe really low carb, we needed to get inventive. Matt identified that child corns, an ingredient generally utilized in Asian stir-fry’s is definitely solely 6 web carbs per can. Don’t worry the phrase corn! While a corn, this vegetable could be very totally different from its candy corn counterpart. Thanks to the infant corn, this recipe tastes like cornbread you grew up with whereas nonetheless being keto pleasant.
We needed to keep away from candy corn extract as it may be very costly. You are welcome to make use of extract like this Corn Extract so as to add a bit of further taste, however it’s not obligatory. Personally I believe corn extract is a bit of synthetic tasing and like the recipe with out.
Benefits of Baby Corn
Baby corn is low in carbs and helps so as to add that corny taste on this keto cornbread recipe. Thanks to child corns, it tastes like cornbread you remembered rising up. This breed of corn is definitely picked earlier than the maturing stage. This makes it low in starch content material which implies decrease sugar and carbs. Plus, “100 grams of baby corn has only 26 calories”(1). That is about 40 energy lower than customary candy corn that means you’ll be able to eat extra keto cornbread with out the guilt!
Baby corn can also be simpler to deal with as a result of you’ll be able to simply take away it from the can and chop, in contrast to candy corn which it’s important to prepare dinner after which take away from the cob. Taking away these further time consuming steps is what helps to make this straightforward keto cornbread fast.
Coconut Flour AND Almond Flour?
Almond flour is certainly one of our favourite components to make use of when doing vacation baking and making this keto cornbread recipe for thanksgiving. It has a slight nutty taste and is wealthy in fiber. Plus, it provides quantity and a pleasant bread-y texture to make a dense keto cornbread. However, to take advantage of conventional cornbread we advocate two totally different sorts of flour.
Can I exploit Just Almond Flour?
Often instances we’re requested whether it is okay to sub full almond flour for the coconut flour in keto recipes, utilizing only one flour as an alternative of two. Unfortunately, coconut flour could be very totally different from almond flour. Unlike coconut and almond milk, these two flours are usually not interchangeable. Almond flour is much less absorbent requiring extra flour to make the identical keto recipe. We examined this recipe many instances and located the very best end result to have each coconut AND almond flour. The almond flour provides total bulk whereas the coconut flour helps to soak up extra moisture.
If you might be on the lookout for a very good coconut flour we advocate this one. As for almond flour we’ve discovered Costco to have the most effective offers for a 1lb bag. If you aren’t a Costco shopper Amazon does nonetheless carry quite a lot of almond flours as nicely.
How to Make Keto Cornbread
If sustaining a keto weight-reduction plan throughout the holidays sounds troublesome, look no additional than this keto recipe that tastes like cornbread your mother used to make. All it takes to make straightforward keto cornbread is a number of easy components and about 10 minutes of prep time!
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch casserole dish- I additionally love utilizing a big forged iron skillet as a result of it may be cooled after which served in as a ravishing rustic middle piece on the desk
- In a medium bowl mix the flours, baking powder and salt. Whisk collectively and put aside. Make positive the baking powder is evenly distributed in order that there is no such thing as a uneven rising.
- In a big bowl mix the eggs, melted butter, bitter cream and liquid stevia. Whisk till totally integrated.
- Add the dry components to the moist in two batches as you mix – Sour cream actually is a should as a result of it provides an additional zing and gives moisture so the cornbread doesn’t get dry whereas baking.
- Next fold within the cheddar cheese and chopped up child corn- I like huge chunks of each components as a result of it makes gooey pockets of goodness on this keto cornbread.
- After nicely mixed switch to a casserole dish or massive spherical forged iron skillet and bake for 37-40 minutes- The greatest technique to know if it’s performed is through the use of a toothpick and checking it comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 15 minutes and slice into 12 items.
- If you wish to make keto cornbread further scrumptious, warmth 1 tbsp of bacon grease in a forged iron pan. Place this pan into the oven for Three minutes after it has preheated. Once scorching take away skillet from the oven and pour the blended batter in. The scorching bacon grease will add a savory salty taste, whereas creating a pleasant golden brown crust on the underside similar to the actual factor.
- We use liquid stevia to make a barely candy cornbread. If you need it sweeter be at liberty so as to add greater than 25 drops, and for no sweetness simply omit the stevia.
Prefer Cornbread a Bit Drier?
Some folks do like drier cornbread to allow them to pack it with butter, that’s completely okay too! I like to recommend chopping the corn a bit smaller and rubbing them between a pair paper towels to take in any extra water.
Once you get the cornbread able to bake you’ll be able to put it in any dimension baking dish you could have available. However, in case you are within the Serving Dish we used, you will discover it on Amazon. It seems very elegant and the crimson coloration will pop within the middle of your dinner desk. Another nice choice is a forged iron skillet or pan. Depending on the forged iron skillet you utilize, you can also make one huge keto cornbread recipe or a number of mini forged iron skillet sides.
If you favor a cornbread muffin, you need to use a non stick silicone cupcake mould. It will make completely golden pre portioned keto cornbread muffins.
Whether or not you might be celebrating the vacations this 12 months, cornbread is a will need to have in all of our diets. So, make this low carb/ keto cornbread as we speak and take a look at to not eat the entire thing in a single sitting!
Storing Keto Cornbread
Looking to make a giant batch of keto cornbread this vacation season? Maybe you simply wish to prep some prematurely for dinner this week. However you wish to do it, we’ve acquired storage directions lined.
The Best Method
We’ve discovered that one of the simplest ways to retailer this keto cornbread is to put it in an hermetic Tupperware container and go away it within the fridge. It will final in your fridge for about 1 week. When going to re-serve strive heating this low carb cornbread within the oven with a pat of butter for essentially the most genuine taste.
It will not be really useful to freeze any sort of home made bread product on account of growth of ice particles which might trigger the product to show dry. If you do wish to freeze this low carb cornbread we advocate placing it in a totally hermetic ziplock freezer bag. It will final frozen for as much as Three weeks earlier than shedding it’s good texture.
What can I do With Leftover Cornbread?
Maybe you bought a bit of too excited this vacation season and made three batches of cornbread… If you could have too many leftovers to only eat plain cornbread have been right here to assist. Here are a number of concepts to boost your leftover cornbread:
- Make home made chorizo patties topped with cheddar cheese all sandwiched between, or on high of some cornbread- This makes the right keto breakfast sandwich by pairing smokey chorizo, sharp cheddar, and barely candy and savory cornbread for the right chew!
- Corn-bread pudding- Mix an egg with a bit of stevia, vanilla, and cream. Dip your piece of cornbread in like french toast after which prepare dinner it over medium warmth with butter for Three-Four minutes per facet. Top with keto vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup. Or strive a drizzle of our home made Pecan Cinnamon Sauce that we utilized in our Sweet Potato Casserole. Trust me it’s scrumptious!
Making the Perfect Keto Thanksgiving
This is by far greatest keto cornbread, however everybody is aware of the actual factor is at all times even higher when served alongside different superb dishes. We have tons of thanksgiving and vacation recipes to make this season a bit of extra particular. Some of our favourite low carb/ keto recipes:
- Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole– Creamy candy “potatoes” with a cinnamon pecan sauce!
- Green Bean Casserole– Just just like the traditional with a brisker peppery style excellent for a excessive fats keto weight-reduction plan
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins– Looking to your creamy keto dessert this Thanksgiving? Try this gluten free pumpkin cheesecake recipe that’s filled with pumpkin taste and tremendous straightforward to make
- Easy Low Carb/ Keto Cauliflower Sausage stuffing – A totally GLUTEN FREE stuffing with none costly keto bread. Finally a stuffing that isn’t bland, dry, or excessive in refined gluten free carbs like rice or potato flour. Plus through the use of complete components as an alternative of retailer bough keto bread you’ll really feel higher than ever this vacation season.
Make this 12 months much more particular and wholesome for your loved ones and buddies.
Recipe could be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Cornbread”
Low Carb Cornbread | Baby Corn and Cheddar!
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 items
Calories per serving 254kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch casserole dish.
In a medium bowl mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk collectively and put aside.
In a big bowl mix the eggs, melted butter, bitter cream and liquid stevia. Whisk till full integrated. Add the dry components to the moist in two batches as you mix.
Fold within the cheddar cheese and chopped up child corn. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 37-40 minutes.
Allow to chill for 15 minutes and slice into 12 items.
Low Carb Cornbread | Baby Corn and Cheddar!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.