These straightforward keto danish style butter cookies carry me again to my childhood. The unique butter cookies proper out of a blue tin have been my favourite. Whether or not you bear in mind these cookies out of your childhood, you might be in for a deal with. They are easy, straightforward to make, and after all, buttery!
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
Are Shortbread Cookies The Same As Danish Cookies?
If you’ve had each shortbread and danish butter cookies, then you understand the definitive reply is not any, and right here’s why. Believe it or not, shortbread cookies have a better ratio of butter to flour. I do know, a bit complicated. However, in case you’ve had each you’ll know that the feel of a butter cookie in comparison with a shortbread cookie is lots much less crumbly. This helps them to carry their form higher.
Try Out a Good Shortbread!
If you check out the chocolate shortbread cookies from our new dessert book, you’ll see that the directions require you to relax the dough earlier than slicing. This is the primary technique to prep that helps them hold their form. Butter cookie dough, however, is much more agency. Aka lots simpler to work with!
Note: my private favourite? Butter Cookies all the way in which! Matt however loves our recipe for a pecan sandies remake!
How to Make Keto Butter Cookies
The better part about this recipe is that it’s straightforward to make, has minimal low carb elements, and makes use of coconut and almond flour for the perfect gluten free texture. With solely 2 internet carbs a serving you’ll have to ensure this keto butter cookie recipe is in your vacation baking listing!
We use solely the perfect elements to make our keto butter cookies dough. Plus good elements not solely style good, however make you’re feeling good too. These are a few of our favourite low internet carb elements for this recipe:
- 1.25 cups almond flour– We love finely milled almond flour for this dough as a result of it gives a clean even texture for these low carb butter cookies.
- 1/four cup coconut flour– Coconut flour is a superb low carb different to common white flour. It has a small grain and not like almond flour, coconut flour could be very absorbent.
- 1/three cup powdered erythritol– This is a superb low carb alternative for powdered sugar. It will present a sweetness to the dough whereas nonetheless mixing in evenly so there are not any granules in our keto butter cookies.
- 1 tsp baking powder– This little little bit of baking powder will assist the cookie dough to rise barely.
- 6 tbsp butter, room temperature– All elements are essential, however you may’t make keto butter cookies with out butter! We love Kerrygold grass-fed butter.
- half of tsp vanilla extract– (it’s also possible to attempt almond extract) Don’t depart the vanilla extract out! A bit of little bit of vanilla goes a great distance in a keto cookies recipe. It takes the blander style of almond flour to a different degree. That contact of vanilla will shine via, in addition to make your home scent scrumptious whereas they’re baking.
With such a easy listing of elements this cookie dough will probably be one for the books. Now that we’ve the dough elements collectively, we’re able to get making our keto cookies!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Now we will line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Take the parchment paper lined baking sheet and set it apart.
- In a mixing bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, and baking powder. Make certain you combine it rather well so there are not any almond flour clumps. Sifting almond flour isn’t crucial, nonetheless because of the excessive fats content material in almond flour it’s essential to combine properly because it likes to clump.
- Now minimize within the butter and vanilla extract to the almond flour combination. Work it together with your fingers till a cookie dough kinds.
- Remove from the blending bowl and use your palms to roll out the almond flour cookie dough into 12 equal balls. Place the balls 2-inches aside on the ready baking sheet(lined with parchment paper). Using a fork, flatten and create a striped sample on the low carb butter cookies.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake the cookies for 11-14 minutes, or till browned across the edges. Transfer from the baking sheet to a wire rack to chill.
- These low carb butter cookies are greatest saved in an air tight container or zip prime bag within the fridge as much as 10 days.
That’s it! These straightforward keto butter cookies are undoubtedly well worth the effort. If you’re keen on this cookie recipe (and we all know you’ll) tell us down beneath!
Storing Keto Recipes
Depending on the recipe completely different treats retailer greatest other ways. The recipe we use doesn’t have preservatives not like the blue tin cookies and can’t be not noted on the counter for a month. We suggest for many keto recipes that you simply hold them within the fridge or don’t depart them out for greater than a day. It is greatest to make use of a zipper prime bag or hermetic container for storage within the fridge.
Freezing Keto Cookies
You can even use this identical approach to retailer them within the freezer. They will final about 10 days within the fridge or 1 month within the freezer. Just be sure you use a properly sealed zip prime again in order that they don’t get freezer burn.
Tips for the Best Keto Butter Cookies
These low carb butter cookies are good already, I imply with elements this good and such a easy recipe you actually can’t lose! However, we completely perceive wanting the perfect keto butter cookies ever. That’s why we created an inventory of a few of our favourite suggestions and tips to make your baking even higher.
Making the Outside Extra Crispy
If you’re keen on keto butter cookies which have a crispier outdoors that is the hack for you. After baking the keto butter cookies for a traditional 13ish minutes, you’ll wish to take away them and set them apart. Turn off the oven and open the door barely for a couple of minutes. This ought to drop the oven temperature a bit. Then, stick the cookie sheet again in and hold the door cracked with the oven off. The scorching air will assist them dry out much more with out cooking them a lot. Once they’re virtually absolutely cooled take away them from the oven once more and enable them to come back to room temp.
Room Temperature (Softened Butter) Or Melted Butter?
I’ve at all times puzzled whether or not the temperature of the butter makes a distinction. Well, seems it does and these cookies are the proper instance to clarify why! It’s easy, actually. If the butter is room temperature (aka butter softened forward of time) and mixed with dry elements like achieved on this recipe, the cookies are much less prone to unfold within the oven.
And, as you understand butter cookies maintain their form, so for this recipe we suggest you choose to take the additional step of placing your butter out a pair hours earlier than you begin to bake! Butter softened early is certainly price it, we promise.
In low carb baking there may be a wide range of ketogenic sweeteners you should use. However on this recipe powdered erythritol is important to getting crispy keto butter cookies. Things like Allulose, BochaSweet, ect. are inclined to make a extra cake-like low carb deal with. We love Swerve confectioners or any erythritol primarily based powder. They are all additionally low in internet carbs which is nice on keto macros.
I Love You a Choco-LOT
A great midway chocolate dip is the proper addition to those keto butter cookies! We love Lily’s Chocolate Chips that are low carb and sugar free. They make the proper clean chocolate contact that provides a wealthy chocolate taste to the buttery cookies. Just soften the chips with a few teaspoon of coconut oil and dip half the cookie. Place the dipped low carb cookies on a chunk of parchment paper and let the chocolate set.
Now that you simply’ve received the insider scoop and know all the perfect suggestions, the subsequent time you make these keto butter cookies will knock your socks off! Just bear in mind use the precise sweetener, softened butter, and after all get inventive!
Crunchy Butter Cookies
I do know there are plenty of you on the market who love smooth batched cookie recipe and lots who love crunchy cookies. Personally, I’m a crunchy cookie particular person. Dipping a crunchy cookie in milk or espresso is way superior to a smooth batched non dip-able cookie!
These cookies nonetheless, are crunchy on the skin and smooth on the within. We purposely left them thick and not unfold so they might bake this fashion. If you desire a crunchier danish butter cookie, simply unfold the cookie out somewhat extra previous to baking! The extra floor space baked will yield a crunchier end result.
Easy Keto Cookies!
Who doesn’t love cookies?! Pre keto, consuming a sleeve of golden Oreos was my favourite deal with, and my favourite cross time (haha). While my palate has matured, keto cookies are and at all times will probably be my favourite factor to make, and eat!
In order to not really feel so restricted we began a meals weblog. We have been capable of start sharing remakes, and keto cookies have been on the prime of the listing! We wish to hold the elements minimal and preparation straightforward for you. These are a few of the greatest keto cookie recipes:
- Easy Keto Thumbprint Cookies– These cookies soften in your mouth! We even used a mix of almond flour and coconut flour. They even have a scrumptious low carb blackberry jam middle. A keto cookie good for fruity jam lovers.
- Avocado Fudge Cookies– Rich darkish chocolate cookies. They’re sugar free and gluten free, plus they’re 100% flour free too!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies– The chewiest low carb/ keto chocolate chip cookies. Plus they’ve an additional particular secret ingredient…
- So many extra!– Don’t fear we’re not stopping there, and neither are you. Here are much more scrumptious keto cookie recipes.
The Best Cookie Sidekicks
Everyone is aware of any story’s hero wants an excellent sidekick. With cookies we love scrumptious drinks for dipping. Whether you need cookies for breakfast (they’re low carb gluten free cookies so we received’t choose), or cookies for a snack we’ve received the drink for you.
Drinks for Dipping
- Bulletproof Coffee– If you desire a pairing on your breakfast deal with attempt our bulletproof espresso. A creamy excessive fats technique to begin the day that can hold you full for hours.
- Hot Chocolate– For all my kiddos in the home. Serve keto cookies and scorching chocolate this vacation season to maintain your youngsters pleased AND wholesome.
- Chai Tea Latte– Whether you want a grimy chai or and unique tea latte we’ve received it! This is ideal for the one who desires a ton of taste and spices.
Never Before Seen Desserts!
Trust us once we say we’ve achieved all of it. There are solely so some ways a keto cookie recipe and pie might be made, however we wracked our brains and created 30 by no means earlier than eaten low carb desserts in our latest e-book, Sugar Free Treats! Not to brag, however this e-book actually takes the cake.
An straightforward keto cookie recipe this easy requires a weekly baking session. Get your loved ones concerned this vacation season and make some scrumptious keto butter cookies to take pleasure in all Christmas lengthy.
Danish Style Butter Cookies
These Danish Style Butter Cookies are smooth on the within, crunchy on the skin and tremendous straightforward to whip up in beneath 30 minutes!
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 12 Cookies
Calories per serving 128kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a mixing bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, and baking powder; combine properly utilizing a spoon.
Cut within the butter and vanilla and work it together with your fingers till a dough kinds.
Use your palms to roll the dough into 12 equal balls. Place the balls 2-inches aside on ready baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten and create a striped sample.
Bake the cookies for 11-14 minutes, or till browned across the edges. Transfer to wire rack to chill.
Best saved in an air tight container or zip prime bag within the fridge as much as 10 days.
Net Carbs: 2g per serving
Yields: 12 Cookies
Danish Style Butter Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.